I'm not quite sure what to label the premise of this idea. It's a cross between a 'live' recorded performance at home, a mini music video and a live stream all at the same time. Obviously I'd want to avoid just trying to do a budget repeat of your video for 'Her' but at the same time projections are ma thaang, so it'd be working out a slightly different way of doing it.
I've got a couple of different options depending on how complicated this could get. Assuming that we would want to film it over the 5 week stint, we have some known boundaries to work within:
- doing it with a limited time to shoot (perhaps even on 2hr break and then extending just breaking for ma's loo breaks. she will be fine if it means i get to 'do work')
- probably at my mum's house, so downstairs? Which means it can't be very wide frame.
It all depends which song you'd like to do a video for and what suits it, but some options:
1. 'simple' = a recording of a live performance with visuals.
-I premake some projections that suit/beat match and we set it up like you're singing it live. (doesn't have to be)
-We film it from a couple of different angles in one take, edit it together
-We could dress the space down stairs to make it magical (see below)
2. 'medium' = low budget video set in one space with 'animation'
-A couple of 'rounds' of filming - we could have you interact with your own shadow / different projections in the space.
- we could hang drape everywhere for the projections to catch on and create a special space with the use of props, lighting and projections, perhaps even open out the doors and use the overgrown garden?
3. 'complicated!' = animated music video
-We could film some green screen bits together, some bits with projections, some bits outside? and then I go off and do some animation all over it.